blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Fuel Barb Soldering Help Please!

ORIGINAL: tande

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

i used to use barbs when i used conventional tanks... now i use threaded fitting that are barbed, and stopper free

barbs are a pain in the ass when it come time to change the stopper....
+1.....Stopper style tanks are old/hat....With the ''New''gasoline blends, it's ONLY a matter of time when your ''Stopper'' will fail & leak fuel all over the inside of your fuze....This is now the best way to set/up a ''Gasser'' fuel tank http://pspmfg.com/FijiAluminumwaterb...eltankcap.html FWIW, I attend the ''Xtreme/Flight'' international competition event each year (as a spectator) this year I did a survey; could not find a SINGLE flier using the old style ''Stopper'' type fuel tanks....Just say'in........(& no, I have NO connections with ''PSP''...)
Maybe they were all sponsored? Following what sponsored flyers use is not the way to choose quality products, IMHO.

I have not had any problems using Du-Bro tanks and red/brown stoppers. I have not needed to redo any of my tanks, stoppers or lines - some are more than 8 years old. Yes, our gas here does contain up to 10% alky. Stoppers have not fallen apart and Tygon tube has not cracked. The sky has not fallen either.

I find it funny that many flyers will share their wisdom but their aircraft never out live the life expectancy it could have had - ie, severe deceleration syndrome ends the aircraft before it's time.

Bliksem