RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Somethin' Extra Build
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
wildlifeguy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Somethin' Extra Build

Good job so far.

I'm going to keep an eye on this one; I will start on one of these kits this January.  Hopefully others will continue to offer suggestions on beneficial modifications. It looks like the kit goes together very easily.  From your pictures, I like the way the parts fit together.  I've only built GP kits before including an old fashioned supersporster with no interlocking parts, only triangle stock to hold right angles together and fiberglass to hold the wings together (it was tough to get those to match up good).  I bet I can get this one together in less than half the time as the others.  I have a tendency to not eat or sleep when building, which unfortunately usually leads to lack of full attention on some parts.  In all of my builds, I run into some problem that will bug me every time I even think about the plane until the first flight.  Things similar to what you are seeing such as a bad gap or small bend somewhere.  I can assure you that you will be the only one that knows it is there and after that first successful flight, you will completely forget about it.  

Keep up the good build.  It's good to see the enthusiasm in building.  I definitely appreciate ARF's, but it is so much more fulfilling for me to see a plane fly that I built from sticks and sheets of wood.