RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Somethin' Extra Build
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Somethin' Extra Build

I disscarded the factory pushrods and replaced them with some great planes metal ones.
Useing Nyrod or anything like it is a big no no in my book.
Not only will it flex it also grows and shrinks with the weather temp change's.
A person is always fighting trims and such, IMHO metal is by far the best way to go and a person can use either solder links or fast link connectors to hook it up,
or get the full size dia metal rod that can be threaded to 2-56 and leave a full thread so a clevis can be attached.
As a rule I will use fast links for a no slop hookup and there next to impossible to come loose. I use a short piece of the metal rod to drill out the hole in the servo arm that will make it the perfect size for a no slop fit.
That brings up another item when useing metal pushrods only use a good plastic clevis, I have had the metal one's jam nut come loose and wear the threads out to the point of stripping , Locktight might solve this but I never tried it. Besides I may want to change it at some point.
My hats off to you young man that was a very good pickup on your part, you would be supprised at how many build to the book and use the supplied hardware provided, then can't understand why the aircraft went in under a hard G pull up. Never be afraid to question whats in the kit for hardware, alot of the time I junk it all and replace it with a better grade of items.
From what I can see your plane is turning out as good or maybe better than some I have seen with so called experenced builders putting it together. Keep up the good work.