RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Q40 & Q500 Engine by DKT Engines
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW Q40 & Q500 Engine by DKT Engines

RB, I totally agree about having a stable set of rules. Now lets use them for the sport of model airplane Racing,,, promote and welcome the new stuff,,, its written there in AMA's Vision and mission statements.

But, what I need to understand is,,, why and where is it written that only 2 engine makes are allowed? Or is that someones personal thing???

Why are people so against or afraid of the advancement within the sport of model airplane Q40 Racing? OR should I say,,, Whats the big deal? This reminds me of when Fred brought in the C/F props and where this sport is now if it wasn t for him. Its a good thing I said ok to that prop while I was in Florida.

AMA doesn t care how fast we go or how big the RC Model airplane gets,,, well so long as it doesn t go past 125lbs. If there was issues with speed, its not due to Q40,,, more like them turbins, DS gliders, GS Racing that can hit 250MPH with ease. Notice I didn t say anything about F3D speeds.

I say let them run and Race here, in the States,,, or this sport is forever stuck in the past.

BV