View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fast P-51

ORIGINAL: still4given

ORIGINAL: freakingfast

After flying and watching a lot of very good pilots, I've come to a conclusion, you can't race if if the plane can't land intact every time. When racing you don't get many go-arounds and add that to a heavy motor and a lot of pitch. If there's no head wind or and no flaps, that means you need to dead stick. If you miss judge or the wind is twitchy, kill it too soon and end up short and bend or tear up the landing gear if your lucky, if not, you nose over break off the firewall and or the rudder. Kill the engine too late you run off the end and you got the same bad things. Than some stubborn contestants glop CA all over in a mad rush between heats on a hope and a prayer that they finish before the next race. That's no fun. Sometimes it looks like 30% of the top racers fight to go again or DNF simply because of this.

Going flaps this time with power on landing guys. The ailerons will be door, not barn door...better than flimsy strip (buzz) ailerons. I've learn a few tricks to keep even torque arm types from fluttering, not that I going that way here.

Very interested to hear how that works out for you. Please keep us posted.

Blessings, Terry
+1