RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Super Chipmunk from Glow to Electric
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
rv9-a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg Super Chipmunk from Glow to Electric

Bob
The standoffs are a Hanger Nine product. The number is HAN 4773 and they are almost two inches long and are 1/2 " across the flats. They are clearance drilled for an 8-32 machine screw and come with 4, 8-32 x 2 1/2 in. Phillips head machine screws. The screws were too short and I don't care for phillips so I ordered some 8-32 x 3" Allen head cap screws from Fastenal (part number 23126). I was not worried about twist as these mounts are used in a couple of Hanger 9 electric powered planes. I used two #8 flat washers for a little right thrust.

I didn't put any cooling holes in the firewall because I didn't have any exit holes in the fuselage so there is no where for the air to go. Something to think about while framing up the Fuse. I have made holes in the bottom of the cowl and may need to make more.

Buzz and Bob
The 13"prop was a suggestion I got from a hobby shop and it appears to be a wrong choice ! I have since learned that I will need a 15 to 16 inch prop. I do have a watt meter coming and will do some prop testing when I get it. Buzz can you tell me what the numbers look like with a 16/8 thin APC ?

rv9-a