RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nuance
Thread: Nuance
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

Flew it three times today, before I ran out of daylight.

I was very happy with the way it flew. In fact, I was pretty impressed. I set the CG between Andrew's and the factory spec at about 270mm. I had a very nice straight upline and just a hint of pull to the canopy on downline. I added 2.0 elevator to low throttle and that cured it. I had no rudder to elevator mixing. I flew it knife edge for a while one each side and I couldn't see a noticeable pull. Granted, I only have a couple flights so we'll see how things end up.

It rolls very, very nicely. It presents well. And it has a nice pace.

I do need to increase rudder throw a bit. It does nice stall turns but I would like just a bit more. I will also work on the snaps. It snaps very well but I would like to speed them up a bit. I guess I am used to the explosive fast snaps of my Visa. However, the Nuance does a very pretty snap as it is and it is very accurate. The 45 upline 1-1/2 negative snap is much better than my stock Visa and as good as my Contra Visa.

So, as far as maiden flights go, this was great.

My final weight is 4720 with my ThunderPower G6 4400. My SkyLipo's are 100 grams heavier so even with the cheapo packs it still makes weight easily.

Neu F3A-1 motor
Budd Soft Mount
APC 20.5x14 prop
Airborne Models CF spinner (heavy...)
Jeti Advance Opto 90 ESC (I had the Castle in it but it went up in smoke this morning....)
PowerBox Digi Switch regulator
Futaba BLS153 elevators
JR 8411 Ailerons
JR 8411 Rudder
Stock Wheels and Axles
MK linkages and control horns (a bit heavy)

I could easily chop more weight off, probably at least 50 grams. But, there is no need to break a sweat on this, it is very light.

Here's pics from a lovely day at the field. Sorry, but it was dead calm, 75 degrees and bright blue skies.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74166.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1705273