RCU Forums - View Single Post - Putting together a plan for a GTX...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Putting together a plan for a GTX...

ORIGINAL: wantariva

i keep hearing about weight and all...what does one of these motors actually weigh......thank you all for the insight...i dont know when this build will start i am just trying to get a rough idea of where i need to be financially.....roughly twenty eight horsepower should have no problem at all pushing this beast through the fifties in my eyes.....itll be almost one hundred twenty cc....i have ridden mini bikes with less that hauled my big backside anywhere i wanted to go with no problem haha i would thin setup properly it should be a monster. it was suggested that i go bigger on the servos....any suggestions on that. is there anything else that you guys see as glaringly wrong. sorry for the poor grammar and punctuation...my phone and this forum dont get along for some reason...any punctuation other than periods dont work and my number characters wont work lol
Dont want to start an argument here but your biggest mistake is thinking the more power you have the better,your not the first and wont be the last but ill bet a single 30 CC engine in that same boat would smoke the twin inline powered one,
I understand the dream of owning a boat with twin inlines but i feel your choice of hull for that build is wrong,even the 72" GTX is too small for them in my opinion.So id suggest either an 84 Apache or something of similar size for those motors or stick to a single inline like Steves in the photos but agree with Tom the k30 might be a better option than the zens due to power and weigth ratio again.Im not trying to be negative or ruin your dream just trying to help you from making a big mistake and building a pig wich will be all show and no go in my opinion but then what do i know.
Ill shut up now.
Mart