RCU Forums - View Single Post - Putting together a plan for a GTX...
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:33 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Putting together a plan for a GTX...

Ok children play nice .
First Randy is one of the good guys and like me was only trying to help the guy from making a mistake if his aim was to build a fast boat.
Talking from experience as a hull builder i can say without hesitation i would never encourage someone to build one of my hulls in such a way,i know what works on my hulls and what doesnt.Plenty have asked my opinion on setups for them and i allways say stick to one single powerfull motor.
Yes a few have used inlines but i have allways told them a single would be just as if not faster so bare that in mind.
I apreciate the coolness of a twin or inline build and wouldnt want to put anyone off but if someone asked me about a quad build in my new 72" CIGARETTE im working on id advise to stick to a single inline.Like i and others have said a bigger hull would be more suitable,sure a 65" hull could be used but some are way bigger than others,beam,depth etc come into it,the GTX is a narrow hull,even the 72" is narrow so quads are not required or preferable in my opinion.Fot instance i have a new 65 hull coming out next year and shes 20" wide now thats a big boat .Not wanting to put anyone off Toms hull just saying it as i see it that two inlines are too much for it,as for running in the sea with them forget it it would be swamped with all that weight and like someone mentioned it could well sink.
Mart
ps Boss i think your post is ridiculous grow up