RCU Forums - View Single Post - Putting together a plan for a GTX...
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
wantariva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Putting together a plan for a GTX...

im amazed at how much this thread took off. some really great info has been put out there in this thread. some of the advice that i really need is general beginner type stuff...like what brand and spec components to use for my electronics and how to build a proper stuffing tube and how to oil it and why its necessary. the scale build that was linked to is pure beauty...super clean and thought out. is it permisable to have servos outside of the sealed box like that though and what box was that. also...where can i find the fittings for a fuel tank that would be filled via hand crank pump...do i just use the fuel dots that i found on gizmo. i am also starting to think about paint schemes...i think i want to do a ford mustang boss type theme...maybe dark metallic blue with white and flat black accents would look really sharp on a gtx hull. my other hobby is mustangs and i would use the same ford true blue paint code that my car is. i could also use some good links to learn how to glass in stringers and whatnot as i have very little experience with fiberglass. im really getting excited about this...now all i have to do is save the cash haha thanks again everyone and keep the suggestions coming. oh before i forget...that youtube link above....was that boat using two twins....if so im totally sold on four cylinders...it sounded amazing and had power to spare...he never really had it wound out by the sounds of it haha