RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Airplane News Astro Hog Plans
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 PM
dhc2pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Airplane News Astro Hog Plans

I have an (almost perfect - some yellowing) original set of plans for the Astro Hog from Model Airplane News (Plan #58) which I would like to scale up by 25%. NOTE: The plans I have differ from the one which is available on the web - mine has the cross section of all of the different ribs, bulkheads, formers, etc, and therefore is "complete" with no guess work. Anyhow, I'm curious as to what the best method to scale these up would be. I could do it by hand with a LOT of work, however I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with printing services. The plans I have are one large sheet with 2/3 of the plan on one side, and the remainder on the other side (shared with a partial plan for a B-25). Ultimately I'd like to create a few copies of the original at 1:1 scale and another few copies at 1.25:1 scale. I'm currently flying a Sig version of the Hog, but want to build a scaled up one with the barn door ailerons AND flaps just for fun.
If anyone has any suggestions, please email me at [email protected] Also, when the new plans are completed if anyone is interested in a copy I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks in advance!!

John