RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynaflite PT Rebuild....AGAIN!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Dynamic!
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite PT Rebuild....AGAIN!!!

My plan is to rebuilt this plane as a PT-23. I have done several of these PT's (4 previously) and am hoping this will be last one I build for awhile. I love these planes, they fly great, but I'm getting tired of seeing them on my workbench. The PT-23 is my favorite variant so I thought I'd make my "last" PT my favorite. The first picture shows a very crude idea of the finished plane. My apologies but I have zero skills when it comes to picture editing. I'm not trying to make this plane a scale showpiece but rather just an everyday flier warbird, so I "borrowed" a color scheme from a Vultee BT-13.

However, before I start converting the nose, I need to repair the wing. If I can't get the wing back in one piece and straight, there's no need to do anymore work on this plane. So first I removed all the components from the wing, servos, landing gear, wiring, etc. Next I stripped the Stits fabric off. I thought this was going to be a tough process but it actually came off without too much trouble. Now, with the frame bare, I could assess the total damage.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30470.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1709641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16033.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1709642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92893.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	108.9 KB