RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fiberglassing questions: Why Bondo Specifically and Regarding Seams and now, more
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fiberglassing questions: Why Bondo Specifically and Regarding Seams and now, more

Justin, I used the Tamiya AS and TS line of paints in the aerosol cans. Great stuff, expensive as crap though for how much you get. If you are on a budget, there are lots of other options out there to choose from. I cannot recommend anything that I haven't used yet, just wouldn't be proper. The next project I am working on I am going to try to do in Warbird Colors waterbased paint. It can be applied a number of ways but I plan to use my HVLP gun to accomplish this task. Last time around I used automotive primer in the spray can form. I am currently looking at other, more productive methods that would potentially net me a better finish. The stuff I used didn't sand very well in the dry state and where I was working at the time was not a place that I could have gotten away with wet-sanding. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have as a first timer as I was in your shoes less than a year ago! Any mistake I made that I can steer you clear of would make your life easier. OH, and by the way, if you have any questions about what fillers to use, fire away, I have used 6 methods and have found my darling in the most recent one.