RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smasher molds going to a new home
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:56 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smasher molds going to a new home

Kevin,

It will be a few more days. I didn't get them out on Sunday because I was trying to find the patterns for the composite tail. I can't find what I did with the contents of that table. But I will shortly. You will be able to make your own templates, but I'm sure I will find mine.

I've had a deadline for work. I worked more than 7 hours on Sunday, and 10+ on Monday and Tuesday. Haven't left the house since Saturday. I got to bed at 9pm and sometimes as early at 8pm. I get up between 3am and 4am and my career development or hobby time is until I get ready for work. I find if I do planes at night I can't get to sleep. If I do them in the morning I'm charged up for the day and ready to go.

Because of the delay, there are a couple of bonuses with this shipment. Included are ...

The Dave Norman Seeker tail molds - not Dave's, but a set made from the same male molds. These are not sanded, compounded, and don't have the clamping holes in them. So there is some prep time involved.

The Duane Gall / Ed Smith Stinger molds - They have epoxy primer in them. You may have to take the primer out. It took me about 3 hours to get the primer out of the Smasher molds, and I just don't have the time to take it out of the Stinger molds. You can probably do a faux lay-up of each half and pull it out that way, but you may not want to take a chance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66355.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1713015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24392.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1713016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55051.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.7 KB