RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fiberglassing questions: Why Bondo Specifically and Regarding Seams and now, more
Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Fiberglassing questions: Why Bondo Specifically and Regarding Seams and now, more

ORIGINAL: nwadc10

ORIGINAL: rgburrill
Also, you can use Solartex or Worldtex (I haven't tried Oratex) white covering. Using a primer such as Rust-Oleum and sanding it well gives a metal like finish. It is a little heavy so you should look at other ways to lighten the build first. But it also adds a lot of strength. I did this Royal Corsair this way.
I was tentatively planning on using Solartex for the rudder and elevator as an easy scale mod. That is another product I don't have experience with but it sounds like it is to be treated as iron on covering that is paintable. Pretty simple.
Not only paintable but handles compound curves like the Corsair very well. Look for Worldtex though - it's the same thing and easier to find.
BTW, as I recall the Corsair had fabric tail surfaces. It would seem that a light coat of primer for the tail surfaceswould keep the fabric texture and still be able to be painted. I did not try that with mine but may with the Stampe I am building right now.