RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Spitfire Mk IX !!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Spitfire Mk IX !!!

[] Just paid the price for failing to keep my security scan going. Pressing the "enter" key caused everything I had spent a few hours (yes, I'm a slow composer of posts) working on to disappear. Its always the one you don't see that gets you. My SA needs to be improved.

Everything works as expected. Our Spit is really something, no trim adjustments were needed during yesterday's flying excitement. One time the ship was accidently left on high rate and was so stable I didn't know about it until some of the usual maneuvers were flown. The big change that really makes my slightly modified machine keep its tail on the ground during ROG was adjusting 25 degrees maximum elevator deflection angle for good ground handling on the rough area circumstances forced me to use as a landing strip.

At first my wife was unable to tell the difference between the stock rudder shape and the one I came up with using my spare Spitfire tail section, once I showed her the .1 inch difference in the rudder chord width at the final grove near the top of the rudder she finally could see the difference. It only took a few minutes to modify that curve on the top area of the rudder to look more like a full scale Spit IX. The area was sanded and kept flat at the trailing edge, finish is CA glue and the use of a green Sharpie. Next time I conjure up some touch up paint I might use a little to go over the area. For now It looks great and close enough to the real thing to produce scale joy. Yes, I have been guilty of looking at too many pictures of the full scale machine.

TAKE BACK THE SKY!

Out.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/