RCU Forums - View Single Post - How good are the SAVOX Servos??
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
PHIL GREENO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How good are the SAVOX Servos??

Well I have not noticed any trim change in pitch or roll on my models.

My Carf Hawk which has 6030's on all flying surfaces flys as if on rails,very easy to do low fast passes without any pitch change.

Most problems with a model not holding a trim in pitch or roll are due to bad linkage/hinge set up not the servo centering.

Stiff hinges, tight ball joints, binding of push rods, all have more effect on control surface centering than the difference in top end digital servos.

If you have a stiff hinge and then a small amount of play at the servo horn clevis end this can result in a control surface not centering as it should.

Lots of flyers do not pay attention to control link freedom of movement and just assemble a model as per manual without checking if there is any tightness or friction.

If Savox or Savox made other brand servos were that bad I can not for the life of me see how anyone could fly a top 3D heli with any precision,buy thousands do.

I have nothing against JR servos per say and 8411/8711 are great servos it is just there are some other products that offer better value for money without sacrificing quality.

Phil.