RCU Forums - View Single Post - How good are the SAVOX Servos??
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: How good are the SAVOX Servos??

ORIGINAL: PHIL GREENO

Ali i dont seem to get it.You seem to insist that unless you use JR servos in a Jet your model is going to be unflyable, am I correct ?

Also are you not a Horizon Hobby Sponsored pilot, do Horizon own Spektrum yes,are Spektrum servos not made by Savox,yes.

Are you saying that you do not endorse your sponsers products ???

Regards

Phil.

I know Phil.. It's really quite blatantly clear you don't get it...

Right.... one last time just for you.. But I will try and use less words this time.

I myself have tried and tested many makes of servos. I have not had a failure from on any of the Spektrum or Savox servos that I have used. However I found the precision and feel of response to be better with the JR equivalent servo. I can understand and accept that others may choose to use other servos, but in my experience the JR range has proven to provide the best overall performance.

With me so far?

Yes, I am indeed sponsored by Horizon hobbies, and yes indeed they sell the spektrum servos that are produced by Savox. I did consider my responses made on this thread in relation to how my sponsor would react.. however, my advice is made based on my own personal experience, and not from a retailer or sponsored pilots point of view. I am hoping my sponsor will appreciate that I am not trying to belittle or degrade their product, instead I am offering my advice as impartially and fairly as possible.
As I have mentioned, I had no failures from either the Spektrum or the Savox servos I used. They simply were not as precise as the JR's. If you are trying to create an issue between myself and my sponsor phil then go for it. However. I will stick to my guns and run the risk of losing my sponsorship before I give advice to anybody that is to accurate or bias toward my sponsors product when my experiences do not match my recommendation.

Still all good?

I don't recall mentioning that any model that I have flown with "cheaper" servos was un flyable.