RCU Forums - View Single Post - People still hopping up older 2.5 maxx's
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 AM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: People still hopping up older 2.5 maxx's

I just picked up an older 2.5 from a buddy in our club. He always has something RC he is selling and I had owned a couple of cars in the past. This was cheap and it came with a boxload of spare parts from an even older t-maxx.

Someone had already swapped the 2.5 for a 3.3 and its really almost too much engine for the chassis. However, I think that makes the truck more fun to drive because you cant just "stomp on it" without losing control.

However, I dont know why I bought the thing. Seems I forgot the part about cars/trucks that you end up wrenching on them more than you enjoy driving them. Ive only ran less than 10 tanks on this t-maxx thus far and have already had to replace the rear diff and a spindle. And have been "tweaking" everything from engine tuning to the tranny.

Im thinking that once I get it dialed in I will enjoy it more. Plus...I have to think that the parts I replaced were just worn out from the previous owner and I shouldnt have to expect things to fail this often (diff was the bearing set on the pinion shaft that went bad and the spindle just broke because of a bad bearing too).

Anyway...I have already got my monies worth in fun with the thing and they sure can take a beating...thats for sure!

here is a pic. I bought a new body just recently for it as the one that came with it got shattered when the thing did an unexpected wheelie at about 30MPH in the cold!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62632.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1721063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70262.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1721064