RCU Forums - View Single Post - Single stick radios
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 PM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better check MY thread about BUILDING you OWN "knobbies"...!

Dear SingleStick and Fellow KNOBBY Tx Fans:

The PIPE Here yet AGAIN...and from the following photo of yours truly...

...you can see that I'm a DEDICATED knobby flier myself!

Don't know if anyone in THIS thread has checked out my own thread on "building your OWN single stick radios" yet, the one that's at http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...053&forumid=70 ....but I've mentioned just about ALL the links there, that one would need to make up their OWN "knobby" single stick radio...as NO new ones have been "commercially" made by anyone in about a dozen years or so now!

My OWN new MicroStar based COMPUTER encodered knobby box is just waiting for its "Ham side" components...the FMA RFD1FM RF deck and the two Quantum-8 FM receivers that are tuned to it, ALL on 50.86 MHz (Ch.03)...to arrive in the mail sometime in the next week's "worth of time" to be received, and the RF deck all installed, for IT to be ready to start FLYING my RC aircraft at long last!

There's ALREADY an Ace RC FM deck in that MicroStar, on Ch.47, and two Hitec "shift-selectable" seven channel receivers tuned to THAT RF deck already "in-house", and since I've intended ALL of what will eventually be FIVE MicroStar based knobbies in my hangar...and THREE of these will be installed into ProLine "Chidgey-Stick" equipped "Competition Six" gutted-of-OLD-electronics knobby Tx cases...to be DUAL band usable radios, I'm just waiting for the "Ham side" of my FIRST MicroStar knobby box to be delivered, and then it's FUN time!

Check out that thread...and find out how MANY more "knobby Tx fans" ARE out there!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE! )