RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM
IrishChamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

Thanks for the clarification and quick response. Everything sounds good. I believe that Red Cat makes good quality stuff so hopefully the dog bone will hold up well, nice to hear others are using it with success as well.

I was wondering about those aluminum arms on eBay, I'll be watching this thread to see how you like those and how much the beast weighs with them and the full conversion. It would be great if it weighs comparable or less than in stock nitro trim.

Looking forward to more updates and videos!
Thanks

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

The only problem with SMRC is that NO ONE can get ahold of Scott. I've tried e-mailing the guy several times and so has other members. I'm wondering whats going on with him? He used to e-mail me back immediately but that was sometime early last year.

Yes I used the RED CAT racing dogbone for the FRONT, I believe it's 123mm. It's no where near as beefy as the GST Dogbone, but works fine from the 1 hr of run time I have on the truck so far. I was hoping it would be ok also since it is VERY slimmer than the beefy GST dogbone but so far so good and I know of LOMBEL (sp) on the forum who uses the same dogbone (he actually helped me find it).

I used the GST drive cups, you will have to buy an extra one as the one of the diffs has some slider shaft and it isn;t a drive cup.

I run a Castle Fan for the Motor as an extra precaution and the Mamba ESC already has a fan. Temps are good, I have not used a temp gun yet but I will next run. But it's not hot to the touch or anything to worry. I'm running a Castle 13T MOD 1 Pinion Gear. I thought whenI saw it "dang that looks small" but it seems to be holding up well also, i've got a spare on stand by.

I bought these Aluminum A Arms, only ones I could find -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-SUS...item19c0e96da7

As of now, not sure on the weight, once I get the Aluminum arms on, i'll put her big butt on a scale and see.