RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Explorer 40 Trainer Repair
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Explorer 40 Trainer Repair

I got oil out of an aircraft nose once... I used the kitty litter trick (instead of the oil dry - but they're probably the same). One additioinal thing that I did was to heat the oily areas with a heat gun. The deep-set oil would rise to the surface and I was able to blot it up with a paper towel.

As for your earlier question about covering, if you're going to TH, then stick with good ol' Monokote. If you happen to see some UltraCote from your LHS instead, then that's good stuff to use too. You'd be happy with either one but I don't know if one would stick to the other if you tried to use a different brand for trim.

Also, be a little picky about your covering scheme. Look around here at RCU and at other places on the web. Just make sure that the top and bottom of the wing are different, for flight orientation. Some guys will make a horizontal design on one side of the wing (i.e., wingtip to wingtip) and a fore-and-aft design on the other side. Whatever it is, just make them large enough to see from a distance, and make them different. Maybe some guys here have some suggestions they can upload photos of.

Just my $.02

Bob