RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is this a Piper Cherokee?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
SBS_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a Piper Cherokee?

Thank you Red for your fast answer.

Midwest Cherokee was unknown to me, and googling for a while haven't come up with much. In fact, the only picture I've been able to find is the one in post #10 in this thread:www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php But in that picture is the windows see-through and that's not the case with my model. Do you know if it is common that a part like a plastic cabin cowl is changed during a models production years, or does it mean that my model can't be a Midwest Cherokee 40?

I haven't been able to find any measurements at all for Widwest Cherokee, but I have found a picture of the box to Cherokee Babe from VKModel Aircraft Company (www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php). The Cherokee Babe is a 53" span with a recommended engine .23 - .40. Since my model is 50" it makes me think that it might be smaller than a Cherokee 40. In fact, the Cherokee 40 from Great Planes is listed at 60".

I am way too new to powered flight to say if this information rules out my model from being of a 40-size Cherokee of any brand, so I would be very pleased if someone could chime in with some comments here.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone may have

/Stefan