RCU Forums - View Single Post - Temps Warming Up = NITRO TIME!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Temps Warming Up = NITRO TIME!

Well somewhat of a LHS near me had a brand new Savage 5.9 XL on consignment with the upgraded diff casings/dog bones/outputs/brakes for a price of $470! The owner is a good friend of mine and what happened was the buyer had to put it on consignment as he was going through a divorce.

Couldn't pass up that deal! Fired up the Savvy and broke her in over the weekend...man how I miss nitro!

With HPI's new XL bodies out I forsee new ones from Proline as well in the upcoming future. What's weird was the 1200mah NiMh pack wouldn't hold a consistent charge. As soon as it was fully charged maybe after 20 min the entire pack would die.

At first I thought it was the charger port on the housing itself...so I charged it directly on my Hitec X1. Same result...after about 20 min the receiver will lose input. I cycled the pack a few times haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Is this a fluke from HPI? Also the upgraded XL didn't come with the new 2.4ghz system which is kind of strange. LHS owner said he received the truck 8 months ago so it should have been the new release especially since it had the upgraded features from the older XL.

Can anyone chime in on the bad RX pack and the AM system?