RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat and Houston hobby shops
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Stevo585

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat and Houston hobby shops

I have been having negative and bad attitudes when I go into local hobby shops and pick up parts for my two redcats. Anything from fuel to glow plugs to keep my two trucks running and maintained. They ask "what kind of truck do you have" and I say I have a Redcat Vortex ss and an Earthquake 3.5. Their attitude becomes demeaning and they say "Redcat?" I said yes, I'm getting into nitro rc and and started out with something affordable. But I dont think I would spend my money on a Traxxas, or any other high end rc and start getting upgrades that will probably end up around $1000 bucks. I am extremely happy with my two trucks, and yes there is some downtime when parts are needed since no hobby shop wants to carry Redcat parts in stock. Store clerks say "those are cheap rc's, they're no good." I can honestly say my two trucks are the S#!t. They can take a beating and still run after what I put them thru. For example, last weekend I was helping my good friend tune his new redcat earthquake 3.5 ,and I had my Vortex ss. We were running them up and down the street and we crashed into each other going half throttle. Flips and cartwheels on both trucks. Outcome, not a single problem. Then Isteered my truck in the wrong direction and ended up in 4 ft culvert filled with water. Truck was submerged for about 3 minutes until I could get to it, I pulled it out and water was in eveything, including inside the cylinder. I aired it out with a compressor, removed the glow plug, removed the water from the inside, removed the rx, aired it out as well, put it all back together and attempted to start it. Within about 3 minutes of getting the fuel cleared out, this amazing truck started right up as if nothing happpened, servos and all were working perfectly. On the other hand, another friend of mine has a NEW Traxxas 3.3, I beleive a TMaxx, and just from running it in the wet grass, his rx went caput. Now tell me the Redcat is a cheap piece of junk, I don't think so. They are and affordable, durable, and fast and fun way to get into the Rc scene. So far I have gotten 5 of my good friends to purchase Redcats and they too love their rc's. To all the hobby shops in Houston, Redcats are not an inferior RC. Cheap? Yes they are, in price, for their RTRRC's and Their parts.
Lets support our Redcats.