RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy least expensive quality Lipo batteries?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 PM
rowekmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy least expensive quality Lipo batteries?

Hey thanks for the link I found that one after communicating via email with their support staff. I had some questions on the connector that I was waiting for a response but when I was ready to order it was on backorder. I ended up getting 2 5S Sky Lipo 3300mah 20C packs from Hobbypartz.com and a Thunder T610 200 watt (10 amp)DC balance charger also. I prefered a AC/DC charger so I can charge athome but decided to just get 2 packs and hopefully get2-3 good flights in a day. I know my plane has Deans Ultra connectors so I willneed an adapter or ask a member at the new club if they can solder themfor me. Thanks so much I spent less for the Liposthan I was going to pay forNiMH's.

ORIGINAL: guver

Lot's of people recommend a 1C rate (not me) and that would be 3.2 amps. Here's one particular pack that may work in the plane well. http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...000mah-5s.html I can't find the recommended max rate on it , but I would easily set the charger for 20 amps on this pack. Most users would set it for around 8-10 amps max.

For charge times a general rule of thumb is this:

1C = 1 hr
2C = 30 minutes
4C = 15 minutes and so on.

There are 4 different balance plug configs and you must use the correct one (or adapter)