RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat and Houston hobby shops
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat and Houston hobby shops

My understanding is HiSpeed toys does manufacture most of the rc's like redcat, himoto,exceed, henlion and probably others, maybe even traxxas but i doubt it. I like you prefer to run with the underdog IF its not so bad that i cant fix it easily or earliy rig or adapt parts from something else to fit.
I find it highly unlikley Traxxas would tell any LHS they cannot sell certain other product lines, that just sounds like something some kid made up to make traxxas sound "kewel" LOL

Stevo, most of the hobby shops ive ever dealt with no matter where you go are like that, how some of them stay in buisness i will never know,,, I have a LHS that stands out way above the rest and ive even become friends with the owner, hes helped me and taught me things as i think i have him as well. Kepp looking around you may find somehere better than the others, take some time and be cool (not stupid) with the folks that work there, agree with them, maybe lie and says the redcat is not yours that your helping a friend out and bash redcat right along with them and laugh about it etc,,,
Check the redcat site for a local dealer and go there maybe that will even be a better choice.

This isnt rocket science this is RC Tech which manily takes common sense to figure out. Somehow Redcats gotten a bad rap, id also heard all the bad and i stayed away because of that but on a spur of the moment trade of my Duratrax evader for an almost new redcat caldera 10e ive now seen the light and ive been seriously impressed with the product,,, sure ive hadtons of minor issues but with common sence and slight experience ive gone a few weeks now with no broken parts and some pretty rough serious bashing to this thing, so far everything thats broken or bent ive been able to bend back or get working again and not had continous problems with again,, well yet anyhow lol.

You always hear the bad, you rarley hear the good and in this hobby that seems to go a long way. I try to share the good when i can even the bad too but if no one says they love and enjoy thier redcat and everyone else posts how crappy they are then what do most think?? they think like i did that they are just junk and they stay away.
Well you rev have 9 more redcats than me so you probably know alot more about them than me and i only have electric, no nitros for me, so i cant say anything about them but i did see on thier site they have a life time engine replacement program,, if you ask me that blows away anything traxxas offers,,, though ive heard traxxas support is better than redcat, it may very well be, who wants to send thier truck in somewhere and be without it? i dont think to many do i know idont,, well i will end on that note,, some say buyer beware,,, people have signs thatsay beware of dog too and they have a poodle :wink: