RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Tornado Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 AM
wildbill1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

hello all got a couple questions about my tornado BB i drive it on the street for the most part so i like the 2 speed but what is the best cheapest engine upgrade?i have the s30..and from what car? also should i get alum clucth and stuff to make it last longer im new to this had it for about 6 months get to play around couple times a month.....also the original rims are junk that come with the tornado, one ofmy front rims broke the center out when it did a flip at slow speed..lol..and the rear one from doing donuts and stuff.is there a link someone could put on here for some good stronger rims and i would like to put street tires on it also... sometimes when im driving it it runs awesome and ill go in the dirt and do a bunch of donuts and it boggs down sometimes is it getting to hot, it did have a hard timestartingawhile back when i first got it it wouldnt shift into second gear for awhile then i let it sit for 2 months and it shifts fine now i did the proper break in...and a buddy helped me tune it a little..the idle is great im just worried about the other screw i turned it down all the way then brought it out 2 and a half turns and it wouldnt run so i just kept turning it until it ran set my idle....should it have a little blow by fuel coming out the ex. it seems to run better when i turned it up to where it just started getting blow by... original setup it was pouring out the ex and eventully stopped running after about a gallon of fuel through out the times i ran it..so i re did the set-up any ways sorry for the long post but im looking for some solid rims for the front and back and street tires, nice solid ones...unless someone knows of a better rim style the ones at redcat look like they would break easy too. any cheap upgrades u could help out with would be great thanx in advance...alo i have a traxxas car minus motor and sterring servo is there anything i can use on mine from it like front end parts to make a wider wheel base? or even the tranny? thanx again guys