RCU Forums - View Single Post - Older H9 CAP 232
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Older H9 CAP 232

Well, the job of glassing and epoxy is complete. I did the entire airframe except for the rudder and elevators. Those are open frame so they got the cloth and dope routine. I guess you already knew that if you've been following the thread[&:]

I weighed the wing and am happy the way it is coming along. It is ready to fly if I wanted it to. All the blocks and such are in and glassed. The complete wing now weights 545 grams (19.5 ounces). Each wing panel gained 32.5 grams or about 1.2 ounces. The wing area is 590 square inches so I'm happy with this. I wanted to weigh the fuse but my scale only goes up to 550 grams and it is heaver than that. It gets a Enya .90 4C so I should have more that enough power when I get done.

I don't want anybody to think I'm a weight or lack of weight freak. I've never actually documented how much is added to an airframe buy the finishing process.

On to primer and paint.

Ken

edit: I found a couple of spots on the wing I needed to sand a bit more. I got those done and went quickly over the whole wing again. I lost two, yes count them, two grams I knew it would loose some weight, but I'm not sure it would have been that much, or that little. I guess it is what it is.