RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another "Screamin Demon" Delta build
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another "Screamin Demon" Delta build

Thanks guys!
Well I almost have the shear webs done just a few more inches to go. The nice thing about the shear webs is that you can remove any sags or bows in the sheathing so it is straight and true with the wing, the leading edge in particular. Boy did it stiffen up the airframe!

I have tried to keep the center section as tight as I could and am going to be blending it into the wing as much as possible. I still have a bit more to do to the center section, one thing that is going to happen is that all of the control linkages will be contained within it, including the control horns to the torque rods for the elevons. It's going to get interesting making that all up along with the hatch cover, the center section is going to be 2 1/4 inches high at it highest point so all I have to blend into the wing is the 1/2 inch difference on the sides. Part of the two center ribs you see will be removed to allow for space in the hatch area but the remaining part of the ribs will make up the hatch and frame for the belly if you follow what I am doing. It was easier to locate them using the carbon fiber spars with the plan to carve them out after most of the frame is completed to keep the shape true. This should keep the amount of frontal area to a minimum on this plane...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71205.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	1732857