RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyzone Albatros TX-R airplane - Don't buy it unless you have a computer radio
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Flyzone Albatros TX-R airplane - Don't buy it unless you have a computer radio

Flyzone Albatros TX-R airplane - Don't buy it unless you have a computer radio

I just purchased the TX-R version of the Albatros at the WRAM show in NY. I was interested to try this AnyLink thing and the plane looked kinda cute. Should be good for in front of the house on quiet afternoons. It was too windy to fly it yesterday but I did get a chance to set it up.

WHY DID THEY STICK THE RUDDER ON THE LEFT STICK?

On a 3 channel R/E/T plane the rudder should be on the right stick. In fact if you look at the manual for the RTF Albatros it shows the rudder on the right stick.

This is usually accomplished by putting the rudder into the aileron channel in the receiver. But on the TX-R planes they have it on the left stick. The receiver is sealed inside the plane so you can't get to it to move the servo to the aileron channel without cutting the plane open.

If you have a computer radio, you can use a mix to map the aileron to rudder at 100% and fix their mistake. But if you are tyring to fly this with a standard radio the rudder is on the wrong stick.

I sent a note to Hobbico to see what they suggest to fix this mistake in manufacturing. They told me how to fix it on my computer radio but had no solution for a standard radio.

I WON'T BE BUYING ANYMORE TX-R 3 CHANNEL PLANES IF THEY ARE ALL MESSED UP LIKE THIS.