RCU Forums - View Single Post - SPEKTRUM Misrepresentation?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
sgrady
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPEKTRUM Misrepresentation?

I have been back in this hobby for about a year now, back in the "old Days" with 72.XXX transmitters we were shot down all the time.  I flew Expert equipment, which was good at the time and all were expensive.  Today my LHS told me Spektrum was the way to start.  I have a DX6i and DX8 currently.  I have about 100 flights on them.  Last Year, I had a brownout, and thought the radio caused it; it was the Battery as someone stated.  I have learned more and more over the last few months.  Whether engines, speed controllers, RX, etc.  The products from the main suppliers seem to be very good.  Along with new technology and feature, come more set up issues. 

This thread will make me check out the equipment better in all my planes and even more in the Large big $$ equipment.  The point is that every time it goes up there are so many variables there is a risk.  I do think HH should have spent the time explaining the issue they found and what it could have caused, with that being said, I have seen linkages, servos and other things bring down planes.  It is part of the hobby; none of them will pay for a crash.

I too am sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing with everyone.