RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regarding SP series engines, props and airspeed...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regarding SP series engines, props and airspeed...

I kept messing with it and finally found a spot on the blade about 1/2 inch from the edge of the hub where the plastic pitch guage would clip onto the blade (it's NOT obvious this is where the guage goes!!!). Sighting the guage with the pointer rod, it read 6 pitch (with the pitch adjustment screw backed off loose and blades turned to least pitch possible). I presume this means I found the correct starting point for setting pitch then?

The diagram in the instruction manual shows the guage clipped onto the blade at the root right next to the edge of the hub, which is not possible the blade is perfectly round there and the guage simply pops off the blade on it's own.

Anyway, using the adjustment screw I turned it in until the pointer rod read 12 on the guage (12 degrees of pitch being what I wanted to start with). At this point I snugged the little hub screws down, then tightened the prop nut down and finally went back and tightened the little hub bolts down a little further. I'm going to try test-running it on a stand 1st and see how it works.

The instruction sheet/manual needs a little improving! It took ALL my years of heli experience to figure out this thing's pitch adjustment! Wow!

- Michael