RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Pitts M-12s 3D
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Guerra
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Pitts M-12s 3D

This is what I did to my second replacement fuse:

1.Guerilla glue balsaply doublers to the front and rear formers. You’ll need to make four doublers parts, left/right for front and left/right for rear. The fronts will be a pain to reach but the Guerilla glue provides relaxed set time allowing you to center the doubles where needed. Glue the fronts one night and do the rears on the next night. See picture at post 244.

2.Guerilla glue “hobbyply” braces topside of landing gear plate. Glue these at both ends outside from the two blind nuts securing the landing gear. The landing gear plate fails in this area due to weak landing gear plate and design lacking metal L brackets. See picture at post 244.

3.Soak the entire landing gear assemble with thin CA. Soak the plate, formers, and anywhere else you can reach. Use an entire large bottle of CA and apply several coats. Let dry for a few days, and hope you survive the CA fumes.

This was a little effort that took a few minutes over several nights, and I have not had any problems over the countless landings, some good, some not so good. I think it was worth it since this plane flies very well.

BTW, my first fuse landing gear plate failed on the third crosswind landing. Hobby Services replaced it at cost after I complained