RCU Forums - View Single Post - Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I have decided to post a complaint on the corporate website. Maybe if we spam them with enough complaints they will take more notice and act. Here is the message I sent them. Please be respectful in your emails to them!!!!!

I am sending a message to complain about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

This site used to perform very well until you guys bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable.

Your representatives have posted that you they are working on a solution but that was months ago. It is apparent that there is a serious problem with your servers and you are having trouble finding a solution or that you just don't care.

Either way, you are losing customers and advertisers. The sight is a disaster and very loyal followers are simply going to other sites like RCgroups.com.

Please consider alocating more resources to fixing the problem.

As mentioned above, there are other sites to go to but RCU used to be the best. I'm sure your company doesn't want to hang it's hat on transforming great web sites into junk.

Kindest Regards,
Andy Andrews

-

Here is the Link: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/news/company-news
Andy, I plagiarized yours, expanded on it a bit, and sent it on to the link you provided. If more people follow your lead, we could make some noise and get some results. I feel like RCU is regressing to the dial-up ara as far as how fun it is to log on or make a silly post or rant (like this one).

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Madam or Sir, good day.

I am sending this message to lodge a complaint about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

Simply put, this site used to perform very well from a practical and functional stand point. When a user logged on, they got in. This kept being the standard protocol until you guys bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable. One can simply not log on half the time. Think of your favorite website (i.e. ESPN, FACEBOOK, CNN, RCGroups -hint,hint-etc...)and ask yourself how many times a day are you willing to try and log on and read through a page when the site crashes on your i-Mac, PC, i-Pad, and i-phone an average of once every 4-5 minutes?

Your representatives have posted that they are working on a solution but that was months ago. It is apparent that there is a serious problem with your servers and you are having trouble finding a solution, or that you just don't know about the problem (hence this letter), or worse, you simply don't care.

Either way, you are losing long-time customers-such as myself and hundreds if not literally thousands of others-and advertisers. The sight is a disaster and very loyal followers are simply going to other sites like RCgroups.com.

Try it, go to your owned site: http://www.rcuniverse.com ...

... and try surfing 5 pages in a row. Do it two more times. If you don't get an error Server Message at some point along this simple exercise, I will buy your boss Dinner at Elways in Denver, Colorado.

Please consider alocating more resources to fixing this glaring problem as this is 2012 and websites don't crash every 4 minutes.

As mentioned above, there are other sites to go to but RCU used to be the best. I'm sure your company doesn't want to lose this profitable site which is important to your investors, and the RC community at large.

Kindest Regards,

Shazam Kianpour