RCU Forums - View Single Post - top flite p-51 giant scale build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: top flite p-51 giant scale build

Well after doing a lot of sanding and looking around on the airplane I found some things I didn't really like that prompted further investigation. There were no hardpoints installed behind the stablilizer trailing edges, the firewall didn't look like it was installed to soundly for my likeing, and no triangle stock anywhere. After looking at the wing I started to get uncomfortable with the mounts, and I am not sure how to check to make sure everything is square. It looks close, but like I said I am not a very good carpenter or a builder and just know how to do some simple things. I have decided to send all the untouched parts I ordered back to Top Flite and I will be buying the rtc version. It sucks, but I just don't want to put a bunch of money in a plane I'm not too comfortable with. Maybe I will find a builder in the Kansas City area that would want to take it on as there own project, but like I said I'm in over my head. Oh well, I'm still good on my budget as I got the plane and retracts for $125. After my returns I will probably only have lost about $40.