RCU Forums - View Single Post - newb scale ??
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Johnnysplits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newb scale ??

ORIGINAL: ferretmaster

Well seeing that none are responding, I will offer my advice.

I wish I had saved the money I spent on my 450's (scale) and put it towards the 500 size. For me, the larger size is so much more stable, to say nothing about much easier to work on....bigger pieces and more roon in the fuselage.

Yes they do cost more, but not all that much when you look at the overall cost of ANY scale project. I did one 600 size and THERE I could not justify the cost, but just HADTOHAVE that Mi-24 HIND in my hanger.Go with a CopterX.....quality is "good enough" if not perfect!
Funny you should mention the larger heli. Ultimately, I would LOVE to have a really scaled out 700 size. But sooo much money even though bigger does fly easier. The thing for me with the copterx is it's cheap to learn on...the mechanics of itand flying. They have a 450 FBL artf kit that im interested in...$182 shipped and all I need is a battery, ok a few batteries and a radio system. Already have a futaba 6ex so im good there. I really want to make sure im in love with heli's before dropping a couple grand on a big one.