RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Fuel
Thread: Nitro Fuel
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro Fuel

ORIGINAL: 378

Lolwut? More than 10% oil causes it to get hotter? The hell are you smoking?

I've told you time and again you're wrong about that. Aircraft engines don't overheat because of their 18-22% oil contents, and my car engines don't overheat because of the 15% oil fuel I run in them. If anything they don't get hot enough, I have to run with a shell on or they don't get past boiling point. They also tune in just fine, I don't have to touch my car's carb for six months. Six MONTHS on the same needle settings. And it runs like a top. Doesn't sound like a four stroke either, sounds like it's supposed to.

Ventilate your test chamber or something, bro. You're good at porting but you're sooo dead wrong about oil content. 10% oil is something only racers should be running, as it gives you NO safety zone for a lean run. Fuel line gets a pinhole leak? Engine on 15% oil is fine, just going to run a bit funny. Engine on 10% oil? It's lunched, chances are you're not going to notice it's going lean until there's serious internal damage.

dude shut up already...your in way over your head...i watched your video and it was pathetic to say the least...your engine sound like a 4 stroke ! your airplanes are totally different then cars.......i am sick of you giving these people old outdated bad advice.....NO WONDER PEOPLE STRUGGLE TO LEARN HOW TO TUNE NITRO WITH ADVICE LIKE YOURS

and get over yourself dude....you are in way over your head and your just too ignorant to realize it..... 10% oil...no more ! any more causes heat and disrupts combustion...thats why your engine sounds like a 4 stroke in your video........your understanding of fuel is decades behind what is happening today..... I run 8% oil, my engines tune awesome and we get amazing performance and life...an entire season of racing and my Bonito shows only 0.0005' wear on the crankpin....come to a track someday and i will give you a lesson on modern nitro fuels..........