RCU Forums - View Single Post - Food coloring as fuel dye...
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Food coloring as fuel dye...

ORIGINAL: kenh3497

A bit off topic......

1QwkSport2.5r I see you are mixing your own fuel in some other threads. Are you using any nitro or is it an FAI fuel? What oil are you using?

Thanks!

Ken

Oh, I've heard of Lube Tech before. Good company, not very popular in this neck of the woods.
I am using only the "finest" ingredients. Methanol, Castor oil, Nitromethane, and whatever makes my methanol blue. (I'm waiting for a call back from the chemist at LubeTech to determine the cause of the blue color)

I use 20% nitro and 8-12% castor for my car fuel (haven't found a mix I really like yet), and 5% nitro 20% castor for my airplane engines. Airplane engine break-in I up the castor to 25% and for car engine break-in I up the oil to 15%.

Last year's fuel was made with Nitro from FHS Oils which was 80% nitro 20% methanol for about $63 a gallon shipped(hazmat fee delete method). This year I bought a gallon of nitro from Torco for $50 and free shipping (no hazmat either I guess..).

I did run a quart of FAI fuel (80/20) in my Super Tigre S90 but I lost about 800rpm by doing so. I went back to 5% nitro since it will tolerate it and gives better power.