RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Heli biggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

I broke of a rear axle holder the other day , and i have been letting the glue dry to test today, i do have some new aluminum upgrades coming . But i feel if i keep it on the road , my glue idea may hold up. I hope i dont loose another dogbone.

Funny name dad, we do love r/cing. If you have kids get them a sumo, they are also great.
ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: onenut78

Got a question. how do i change out those big bulky aluminum 12mm wheel hex's on my volcano s30. i have a sweet set of wheels and tires i want to put on it but they are 14mm hex, they came with the hex's and axle pins. the volcano s30 doesn't use axle pins, uses those big 12mm hex's with the set screws. any way to change my axles to axles that use axle pins. any other company make axles that will fit my volcano s30, and fit the dogbones? thanks
Tornado S30 axle stubs will fit and give you the ability to use axle pins. 14mm Hex's will fit even though the axles were designed for 12mm. The 14mm hex will fit over the pin and be secure but the 14mm hex will have a larger diameter hole for the axle. This is not the correct way but I've done it and it's not been a problem. I'm sure you can find the right size axle that will have the right diameter axle if you research enough but the Tornado axles are really cheap and will work just fine. Acutually I just put Losi hex's which are like a oddball size between 12mm and 14mm on my sons Caldera 10E and even though the Caldera axle is smaller than the hole in the hex, when you tighten the wheel against it which keeps the hex against the pin it works out just fine.