RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia

The hole last week I spent to made drawings in Corel of my Galeb. For now I'm very satisfied how everything looks.

Now I have many measure, and can thinking how to find solutions for problems that occur in the project.

Galeb have narrower fuselage than Panther, but it's 20 cm longer. Wingspan is also bigger (you can saw that on drawings in last post).

I am thinking does I maybe need bigger jet engine?
I have P 80, and with it, Panther, from our grass airfield, made take off in less than 30 meter. Panther weight is 12,5 kilogram on take off...
In air no need for more than 1/2 throttle for normal flying, and with full throttle it will go vertical as long as you hold it.

Galeb will be bigger, but not much more heavier. I hope with fuel it will be about 13 - 14 kilograms.
So, what do you think, will I need maybe bigger jet engine?

Today I'm looking on Internet, and saw that nobody sell Jet Cat P 120 any more. Jet Cat P 100 is next after P 80, but both have almost same thrust. (P 80 - 22 lbs & P 100 - 22,6bs).
Next engine is Jet Cat 140, with 30 lbs thrust, but fuel consumption is much higher, and with bigger fuel tanks I will have model with more than 14 kilogram...

Does Jet Cat stop making P 120?

So, what do you think, will Jet Cat P 80 be enough for 2,1 meter wingspan model (without tip tanks) and 14 kg of weight?

Regards

Mirce