RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

MONUMENTS TO THE ULTIMATE FLYING EXPERIENCE OF COMBAT

It was "Mr. Right Stuff WWII fighter Ace General Chuck Yeager" in his autobiography who stated the above definition of "flying."

Normally, the modeling concepts intended in this post would have been posted on the Messerschmitt thread but it is flying so majestically in formation with the Spitfire and Mustang threads on this forum that I just didn't have the heart to break them up. Besides that, I do have some thoughts and updates on the Hurricane.

To be continued.

Just shot down some "hacker like interference" with security scans.

Okay, where was I? Ah yes, the irresistible inseparable scale connection between the HH HH and the PZ 109, no doubt about it, the real value of the Hurricane is to make the Messerschmitt look good!

JUST KIDDING! Don't get so excited already!

Finally, here we go. I just couldn't wait for the two (2) air scoops I ordered so I ended up building a two piece carbon fiber reinforced balsa wood air scoop that is proudly displayed on my now scramble ready Hurricane. During the down time, compliments of unflyable weather, I also added a ring of carbon fiber tow material around the inside edges of my wheel covers and attached removable safety lines to them so they might not be lost when they pop off during "landings" (?). I also found it useful to add a line like what is described on the Thunderbolt and Wildcat threads to overcome the strength of those gorilla power magnets to get the hatch off. The string and knot are connected via a small spring with a hook on it to the antenna to make it look like part of the antenna "system." I use a finger to unhook the spring/Fusion fishing line from the antenna mast. A small diameter carbon fiber rod is pushed down near the rudder hinge line to attach the "fake antenna wire."

The Messerschmitt's now opperational flap system has flaps with 1/4 inch less flap that was added to the ailerons. This was done to provide more aileron authority because of the experiences I have with my #1 Bf-109G that is a little too sluggish for my tastes. I am fairly satisfied with the performance of my newly modified #2 Bf-109G even though it is not quite as good as my ultimate performance, slightly modified "retracted gear" (no gear at all except a light fake "retracted" tail wheel) and fake removable wing mounted 20 mm cannons that make perfect skids, full span ailerons equipped "Bf-109F Messerschmitt." This lighter "F" model also enjoys an adjustable split flap system located on the "flap portion" of the full span ailerons to help provide lower landing speeds.

My "#2 G" model has "adjustaable" split flaps on the "radiators" in a vain attempt to enjoy slower landing speeds. Those heavy wheels just won't let me enjoy the slower landing speed performance I must have, thus the need is now fullfilled with its new opperational flaps. With its newly installed larger pilot I really do enjoy admiring it and the Hurricane while composing this post. I will equip #2 with my extra 109 "little boy" pilot equiped hatch (yes, I lost one somewhere over enemy territory - in addition to keeping a spare hatch available I also install additional latches on 109s) when the ship is transported to high alltitude for test flying along with the pristine condition GUNFIGHTER with its new "adjustable pitch props"

One last little thing - Winston Churchill commented that the "Flying Tigers" fighting for China were as important as Battle of Britain heroes. Since I am so emotionally "imprinted" on the undeniably beautiful RUDY FRASCA decorated P-40 (featured in movie, National Gographic, and other magazines and publications) and I would definately buy at least an operationl and a standby RTF version in either Park Flyer or "Hurricane" scale, PLEASE CONSIDER SUCH A PLANE FOR FUTURE MARKETING!

A Hurricane scale P-40, and maybe a Zero also - a guy can dream can't he?

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ _
Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -

PS One more last little thing: Since Western Civilization values are in the process of an overwhelming unconditional victory it would seem to be appropriate to expect an apology soon for kicking Sir Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House. That's really not too much for patriots to require now, is it?