RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP funtana 125 dle30
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP funtana 125 dle30

ORIGINAL: gwweber
The point here is that the plane is way overpowered and is it possible that the three bladed prop is causing the pitch issue when the plane is slowing down to land? Can it be acting as a big airbrake and causing the pitching. Otherwise it is an increadable plane to fly.

HELP ME PLEASE

It's not the 3 blades that's the problem. It could be the pitch, but the problem from that happens when you got too much pitch and can't idle the engine any lower. Then you're stuck with too fast a landing speed. Now, if you're stuck with too fast when landing, the elevator could seem too sensitive compared to other planes you've got landing slower than this one.

If whatever prop you're using is acting as an airbrake, the problem it might cause would go away once the speed stabilizes. Usually.

The problem is pitchyness, right. So work directly on that. Try more exponential on the elevator. Or use your low rates and dial them down until they give you what you want.... or you get into where the elevator won't do the job (not likely if it's too effective to begin with). Now, if the pitchyness is in one direction only, maybe the CG is too far forward, but that doesn't match up with your inverted flight needing no trim. so......

I'd try adjusting elevator throw first. That's what can easily fix pitch sensitivity. I almost always fly everything of mine with the CG aft and every one of my model's elevator throws are way under mfg suggested throws. Never ran out of elevator either.