RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
bambambndt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Thanks Red and Lug. I called HPI today, they wanted a picture. So, I emailed it while on the phone so the rep could look at it with me. Was told it would not be covered under warranty because it's considered a wear and tear issue. I guess really cant complain with that, I knew the servo tape needed replacing because the esc was always shifting and bouncing around. Im guessing during the crash the esc went flying all over. He offered a new replacement for $49, went ahead and purchased it....free shipping...lol. He said I could keep the old esc. Figured I will mess around with it and hopefully repair it and have a spare. I guess 49 isn't horrible, 89 @ tower right now, but out of stock.

Lug; Don't think my hand is that steady. To have better access, I actually need to remove the ESC from the enclosure. I got the top off, but can't seem to get the actual esc out of the enclosure. Thinking it's probably stuck in with some adhesive. If I could get tothe under side of the ESC, I think I would have better luck repairing.