RCU Forums - View Single Post - tornado s30 upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tornado s30 upgrade

ORIGINAL: Scooter B

Thanks man. I already ordered the wheels and tires, before I readyour response,so looks like I'm all in. Ifound the Volcano axle stubs (08064) and the double hex's (08065) on ebay. I can save quite a bit if I order direct from "the source", just have to wait on shipping. (my LHS carries a TON of redcat parts, so I may just pick them up there) I wanted to include part numbers in case anyone is watching this thread and wants to follow along. I hope this will add some stability by widening the stance to compensate for the higher C.O.G.(guess I should have went with a truggy to staryt with)

Would you reccomend going with the new stubs and hex's on all 4 corners, or just in the front?
I would put all 4 on. It seemed to help a lot with the narrow wheelbase. You said you save quite a bit by ordering direct? Fill me in. Maybe you know something I don't. I tend to only order from Redcat when I"m ordering multiple items, reason being is the minimum shipping via UPS is around $11.00. An example would be you might find front lower control arms for $3.99 for the Tornado from Redcat. On Ebay you might find them for $4.99 with free shipping. When you add the cost of Redcats shipping, it seems like it's never worth ordering a single item from them direct. Do you know a way of having Redcat ship cheaper? Here's a pic of my Tornado after I added the Volcano axles and hexes. I also pulled the 2 speed and added the Volcano tranny. 2.8 Proline dirt hawgs with Proline desperado rims.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71861.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1738776