RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM
PetRock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

I haven't seen a center diff option, though Iwish their was as Ithink it would help the handling. My Caldera SC handles fine using smooth throttle or medium-high bursts... but if you pin it travelling half-speed or at a standstill it will fishtail the rear around every time, even in a straight line. I'm playing with tires, camber, ride-height and front/rear diff oils to try to prevent it. Right now Ithink you can also only order 1 size of spur gear (51t)?

Speaking of gears, the Caldera's (at least the SC version) come with a 13-tooth pinion that's a brass colour (may actually be brass). After 10 packs mixed stock-NiMH and 2s lipo the teeth were work down to a knife-sharp edge - and by the time the pinion gets that bad it starts to wear the spur faster too.. I would buy a cheap steel pinion at the same time I buy the truck: something like a Traxxas 3943. I just put a 16-tooth steel in mine but it's _slightly_ too tight... 15t is probably the max the motor mount has adjustment room for.