RCU Forums - View Single Post - My DLE 55 does not like to pull fuel to the carb after it sets for a while.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: My DLE 55 does not like to pull fuel to the carb after it sets for a while.

ORIGINAL: doswings

Hope you folks don't mind me butting but I have a DLE 30 with more or less the same problem. It started and ran great last year but after storing for a few months won't start. If primed it starts and runs great but no matter how many times I flip the prop I can't get it to pop. I've been reading the various forms and did replace the filter screen and looked at a rubber diaphragm on opposite side of the carb. It looks good and is flexible. I keep hearing the term ''Reed Block and Pulse Line'' which could cause the problem. Where in the carb is this found, on the filter screen side or the side with the plate held on by four screws. I've tried to find a site with an exploded view of the carb without success as it would really help.

Thanks,
Rich
Your 30 doesn't have a pulse line as such. The pulse port is internal between the carb and the reed block and is just a drilled passage. The DLE 55 uses a separate external line for this function.

The reed block lives between the carb and the backplate on the engine. If you don't know where is it, I don't think I would recommend you try to work on it unless you're up for learning new things about engine maint.