RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger-9 Corsair ARF Mods for more Scale/ Accurate Appearance
Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Hanger-9 Corsair ARF Mods for more Scale/ Accurate Appearance

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet
................I'm thinking the really small Gas engines, like the 20cc and the 26cc. Also, the RCV 120 or the RCV 90...........
................BTW. I'm told a Robart 4'' wheel won't fit in the well? What's with that?
Thanks again, ..Charles
a 26 cc has 50% more displacement than a 1.00 cu in (MAX recommended engine size).

Any size wheel will fit if you want it to. Best not to use the included wheel wells anyway, because full scale Corsairs don't have 'em. The bigger the wheel however, the heavier the aircraft will be, and more importantly: the greater the C.G. change when the wheels are retracted. I consider 4" to be a little impractical, 3 3/4" look very scale, take up less room, and are lighter. I usually settle for 3 1/2" tho.

Even if you don't mind having a heavier than normal Corsair, your retracts will. Whether you choose the stock ones of aftermarket. ANY laqnding gear can become damaged if enough stress is inflicted. The heavier the plane is, the likelier that threshhold will be achieved. Personally, I like planes that fly right, not heavy, but to each his own.