RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Al Morancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Oh man I'm bummed to hear that man, I've been running the same locker with out any trouble so far, powered by a ddm big bore 30.5 no real motor mods and a jet pro pipe. It's a blast drifting around my track at wot for sure. After trashing CV protectors I found these, life time warranty www.customcvp.com 3 different sizes, I'm running the super xl's. Man i hope my rear diff hangs in for a while. Just went to Savox hi power servos, 235 for steering and a 236 for trottle and brake, the 236 acted up like a bunch of guys had happen to them and I took it apart and found a bad solder at the motor where the motor meets the board, that parts is attached rigtht to the brush inside the motor, so I made a new one up and she's been running like a charm for a month. It was on the steering side with the stock steering servo on the throttle, then the steering servo went in the baja so I got the new savox for the 5ive and put the losi stocker in the baja for steering, lol just a big mash of parts, whatever works right. The losi stock steering servo is a good servo imho. They are both happy and running the same mills, now i need the trutle pull starter for the baja. That pull starter is about the happyiest upgrade I've done, No more holding my breath and hoping this isn't the pull that ends it. I'm ordering another one today. Something else to chew on gents, I'm testing a new clutch from Buku, it's our stock shoes with their new Komposite material. We'll keep you all posted, got to clear the bond and test for wear, but that material on my 8th scale nitros I'm getting 6 gallons of fuel with big blocks in two different trucks, an XL with a picco 28 and a revo with an LRP 30. The material is unreal, while those shoes are brass and disapates heat better I can be bashing with a mill at 260 and my clutch will be 140. Same set of beariing for 6 months now. No heat to kill them. Our hopes are to reshoe worn out shoes, it will work as long as the shoe has gone down to metel on metel and created a flat spot. Dave mailed them out yesterday, when I get them I'll put up some pics and video. Bash on bro, it's like summer here today. Burning everything today, Gas, Nitro, & electricity. lol Peace guys.
ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

So I had a fun experience today.... Just installed a vertigo spool in place of center differential. It worked awesome with my full mod zenoah from oneill brothers. Super fast and it really got the power to the ground. Well then the fun ended ...... totally grenaded the rear differential. Next looks like dark soul billet diff cases