RCU Forums - View Single Post - twister xb/xtg and xb/xtg pro thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
greggreg2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: twister xb/xtg and xb/xtg pro thread

so heres what ive seen so far with my twister xb pro.....this is only on the track.....so far ive ran rite around 14 packs through this car.....only lipo,,a 3800 30c 2s lipo  juice pax....fits great as its not a hard case.....full size 2s hard case does fit but its really tite......ill start with the weak links.....im leaning more towards racing then bashing so keep that in mind((((and this buggy is comp capable))))  ok so first thing off the bat the tires are just horrible..the glue they use isnt to great either to hold up to the brushless power......so first this to be track ready id suggest at least rear tires(((i chose proline evil twins on the rear of mine because they work good for my current tracks layout(((it will differ from yours but they are a good starting point at only 12 bucksish on ebay)))) second thing i noticed...you can see i swapped out the rear wheels as well....the redcat hole for the axle is a hair bigger then the rest,,or at least a hair bigger then what will fit the associated b4.1...also the axle pin is a little bigger,,,,,this is a good thing for durability but not for quick swaps.....remedy that by a lite drill out of the wheels you want to use and just use a hair smaller axle pin as well(((half my batts run were with smaller pin and held up great,,no probs))))).....on to the front wheels...they arent too bad, but if changing the rear may as well change the front....i was able to pull stock front tires off with ease as they werent glued too great,,,,i just added losi ribbs to the front....same as stock but softer and ribbs are constructed better........moving onto the suspension.........basic setup out of box wasnt all to bad but no adjustability unless you want to use preload spaces witch im surprised redcat didnt include......basically i dug out some older schaool aluminum bodied shocks that are not threaded but have an adjuter sleve,,,,,filled em with regular old tamiya damper oil...fronts set to top and bottom inner positions for droop....and same with rear,,innermounts top and bottom.....then worked the shock adjuster sleve from there......

big thing you need to do weather racing or bashing....the zipties they used for the wires....they are a bit tite and will damage and eventually sever the wires,,,,i suggest to cut them out and replace with your own slug but not too tite to damage the wires.......

weak spot i see so far is the front end,,,,,,,,  part ###s

KB-61004

KB-61002

KB-61012

all cheap parts but since track hobby shops dont carry them i advise to keep an extra set just in case

TO THE GOOD

buggy overall so far has been great....cant wait to beat some associateds and losis next month in a novak 6 week series witch i will update in this thread

like i said earlier fronts a lil fragile but being a buggy on the track thats just how it goes....everything else is great.....motor and esc stay cool during normal racing times....during practice ill run hard 25 mins straight and itll start to get warm then but thats after a hard 25 mins so anything would be getting warm......i thought the rear on/off switch would have been a problem but actually its not even when getting into contact with other cars...very nice not being under the body.....the included servo seems to be plenty fast and durable(((((if you go to the track always keep a spare though)))you can pic up a associated metal gear servo for under 15 bucks new....ebay!!!!!!

always keep an eye and tighten your screws regularly,,,if you do strip something out or happen to have to replace a part id reccommend switching out the hardware(((i personally havent because i like phillips over hex hardware))) but hex doesnt strip like phillips

its really up to what u prefer...you dont need to spend a bunch buying an upgraded screw kit...go to your local mom n pop hardware store and spend the 30 mins to find the hardware you need...its cheap

i cant talk on the radio system yet as mine had problems that are going through redcat now.....but what i can say is that so far redcat customer support has matched team associateds in everyway so far....."""""keep it up redcat support"""""""

thats about all for now...ill add pros n cons as i go....please do the same and any upgrades you find...also lets see pics of yours..

its all in fun,,,,heres how mine sits now((was at the track 7 hrs yesterday so yeah))) and track pic is current layout where i race at  702rcraceway in las vegas nv
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]